Do I need a personal liability umbrella policy?

If you have assets or a good income, then the simple answer is, yes!


A personal liability umbrella policy (PLUP) will give you extra coverage above and beyond the coverage that you already have on your home and auto insurance. The PLUP is an inexpensive way to give you additional peace of mind and protect your assets.

The PLUP could give you an additional layer of liability coverage in the event that you are sued for: 

  • Auto accidents
  • Accidents at your home that lead to a guest’s injuries
  • Various personal activities

As an example, you are at fault for an auto accident. Your auto liability coverage is at $250,000 for injuries so your auto coverage will cover that amount. If the other person’s injuries are severe and the medical bills exceed $250,000, your liability umbrella will cover the excess, up to the PLUP’s limit. Without a PLUP, you would likely be personally responsible to pay for the additional medical bills.

Most insurance companies will also give you a discount on your home and auto insurance for having a personal liability umbrella policy. The discount will make your auto and house insurance cheaper.

Contact Denver Insurance LLC today to learn more or for a free quote!

denver insurance logo

Request Your Proposal Here

Are you ready to save time, aggravation, and money? The team at Denver Insurance Team is here and ready to make the process as painless as possible. We look forward to meeting you!

Top Insurance Agent in Denver, CO
Best Car Insurance Agency 2020
Call Email Claims Payments


Need pricing NOW? Get an instant estimate & we'll find you additional discounts to lower your estimated rate! Get Instant Estimate