Every summer afternoon can be cringe worthy when the clouds roll in over the Denver Metro area. Colorado experienced the second most hail claims on homeowner’s insurance last year. This is a great article from our friend’s at the Denver Post regarding roofing scams.
Here are some highlights from the article:
- Work with your insurance agent to see what you have for options.
- Use a local and reputable roofing contractor.
- Ask for the contractor’s license number. Check the license number with the city and county and with the Colorado Roofing Association.
- Get at least 2 estimates from contractors. Denver Insurance LLC is happy to provide you with a list of roofing contractors that we’ve had good experience with in the past.
- Install Class 4 hail resistant shingles, if possible. This could give you a discount on your house insurance. Contact your insurance agent for specific information.
- Check #NoRoofScams and Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates.
Whether you live in Denver, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Arvada, Aurora, Lakewood or Castle Rock you probably know about Colorado's hail. Call Denver Insurance at 720-446-5566 or email us with any questions.